Thursday 15 November 2012

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...

Or something like that.
Inspiration for writing blog posts is becoming a bit lacking at the moment. The shortening days and poor weather haven't helped, there's not much going on that's worth photographing right now.

It's also bee a rather busy week or so.  Last Thursday I heading north to collect a new-to-me spinning wheel. I'm now the proud owner of a Matchless, and I can honestly say it lives up to the hype. I've always been a bit sceptical about expensive spinning wheels, but having now spun on one, I can honestly say it's worth every penny. Keep an eye out for a second hand one though, I paid just over half the price of a new one, and despite being nearly as old as me (made in 1988), it spins beautifully.


This weekend was also the first time I ran a full day workshop for a guild on colour blending. I used my own guild as a bit of a test run, and it worked just how I'd planned. I used to be a teacher so I'm used to engaging with people about new ideas, and explaining new concepts, but it's still a relief that the random thoughts in my head can be translated in to something that others can understand!
I've just been contacting all the local spinning groups and guilds about visiting them, but if you are a member of a spinning group or guild and would like me to come and run a workshop then get in touch.


I love talking about what I do, and feel very lucky that I get to do it full time. Though of course, it's not all plain sailing, this comic in particular has made me smile this afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment